As I've been stressing out like crazy over the last week or so, I've been trying to notice the things that keep me sane. It's the end of yet another semester, and my first full credit one in more than a year. The end of the semester brings on more stress than I feel like I can handle and I have to be more diligent in finding time to relax, and deal with my stress.
This week I have been trying to pay attention to the silly/cute things my kids do that make me smile. With B-1 it's the silly way she pronounces things and the funny things she comes up with. We got a free book in a Cheerios box and it's a story about a porcupine. She likes to go through the book and tell me the things the "pokerpine" is doing. She is also very affectionate which has been especially helpful in de-stressing me. B-2 has begun the terrible two's a little early and is becoming a defiant independent little boy. He likes to do things by himself and doesn't snuggle nearly as much as he used to. It makes me sad, but he does still snuggle a little. He loves to snuggle on occasion and likes when I hum lullabies to him. He has started to hum along with me. It's one of my favorite things.
Remembering the little things about my children that make me happy has been helping me get through the drudgery of the end of a semester.



No comments:
Post a Comment