Since April, I have finished all of my generals (and then some) to be able to get my associates degree. I know it's not much, but I am proud of my small accomplishment! I've also done most of my grunt work, electives and such, for the nursing program, which unfortunately doesn't make the program any shorter for me, but at least easier. I took the TEAS test and applied to the nursing program, and have been invited for an interview! Wahoo! Now my acceptance depends on this interview, so I hope I do well!
E has about a year left of his Master's program, and we are all anxiously awaiting the day when he is finally done. He feels like he's been in school forever so it will be so nice to be done. He's in classes right now, which is not a fun way to spend a summer, but at least they are only on weekends. He's still able to fit in gaming with friends and the occasional concert or guys night out so he's managing his busy schedule, and keeping his sanity in tact.
B-1 is sassy as ever, and reminds us everyday that she's smarter than she looks. She will be starting preschool this September, and is really excited to make some new friends and learn new things. I know she gets a little bored staying at home all day with me and B-2, so this will be a great experience for her. She loves primary and has taken an interest in the scriptures. Makes a mother proud! We try to read them every night as a family, and since she has her own set from her primary teachers, she likes to read them to us. She makes them up as she goes, and comes up with some very interesting stories!
B-2 is almost 2! It's so crazy to watch him grow up before my eyes! He's learning new words all the time and is our little parrot that repeats just about everything we say. He's such a happy boy and a very busy body. He loves dinosaurs, bugs, and playing outside. He also likes to play with B-1's kitchen toys and occasionally a barbie or doll. I guess that's what happens when you have an older sister... :)
In about 7 more weeks we will be welcoming a new baby girl into our family. I have to admit that I am terrified of having three children; I'm also excited, but I get a little overwhelmed sometimes with just the two and worry about being outnumbered. It's going to get a little crowded here in our little two bedroom apartment, and our three little piggy's will all be sharing a room. Hopefully they won't mind.
Oh, and our most recent news is that B-1 has officially been adopted. This is a huge milestone for our family, and we're so glad to have it finalized! The process went so smoothly, and we had the help of a really great lawyer. I am so grateful for my family and I don't know what I'd do without them! We've been blessed with so much love and support, and it has helped so much! We will be setting up a date to be sealed as a family soon. This is such a wonderful blessing for our family!
This is a picture of us just after the hearing. It's finally official!



4 comments:
Yea! to milestones, accomplishments, growth, and blessings. You guys are doing all the right things and are blessed for it. Don't get overwhelmed with the little stuff because you are a wonderful mom and an example of strength:)
Wow Candace...I can't believe how big your little ones are! You have an adorable family. Congratulations on school and the adoption! Great to see you guys are doing well :)
Candace you AMAZE me! spending some time with you and your kids was really fun. I can't get over how smart B is and how much B'2 has grown, and looks healthy as a horse! Which I'm sure is a relief after what your family went through last year. Keep up the good work...Supper Women!!!
Oh Candace....your family is adorable and getting so big! You are truly amazing! You will do great with 3! Congrats on the adoption being final....what an amazing thing!
Post a Comment