I'm sure most of you already know, but we have welcomed our newest little baby girl into the world. Evelyn Brielle was born Monday July 11, 2011 at 7:34 am. She weighed 7 lbs. 5 oz. and was 21 in. long.
Around 5:30 am I realized I was actually in labor so we got the kids up, packed the rest of the hospital bag, and headed to the hospital. By the time we dropped the kids off, and got to the hospital I was in a ton of pain! My contractions were extremely strong and getting closer together, and I ended up needing to be wheeled into the hospital. Everything was progressing so fast that I wasn't able to get an epidural either... needless to say I was not the least bit happy to hear that! I did get a spinal block, but it didn't kick in fast enough, so for the rest of labor I had slightly tingly toes, but could feel everything else. It was a new experience for me and I was definitely not prepared for it. After what seemed like an eternity, she was finally here!
She'd been under a bit of stress and had a bowel movement in the womb, so she did need some suctioning of her lungs, and was monitored closely for several hours. Also from the stress she was exhausted. She wasn't eating well in the beginning and as a result her blood sugar levels were low. After many tests, supplementing with a little formula, and some much needed rest, she was up to the task of eating again.
We were able to leave Tuesday night and are happy to be home. Everyone is doing well and we're all adjusting to our new lives. It's an exciting new adventure!



2 comments:
oh my gosh!!! girl i cant believe you, you are my hero! i seriously cant believe you have 3 little ones. i hope all is well, she is beautiful and so is your family. love you!
I am horrible about looking at or posting on my blog lately. Of course we are so very happy to welcome Evelyn. She is so beautiful:)
Post a Comment