Today was my first official doctor's appointment, complete with a breast examination and papsmear! (My favorite! NOT!) Other than that uncomfortable part of it, the appointment went well.
As soon as I left the waiting room Brynlee had a bit of a panic attack because I snuck away and she seems to know what goes on at the doctor's office...but after a quick blood pressure check, urine sample and twenty questions I was taken into an exam room where Brynlee and Ethan met me shortly after. Brynlee was really upset as soon as the doctor came in and immediately needed me to hold her so I let her lay next to me on the table.
After a quick exam the doctor pulled out a doppler to hear the baby's hearbeat. After about 2 minutes of searching without success, the doctor sent me to another room to get an ultrasound. So we were able to see the little baby's face, fingers, legs and heart beating. It was really an awesome experience! He also advised me to get another ultrasound on Monday to determine how far along I am, because he couldn't quite tell.
So I will have another ultrasound on Monday and they will be able to tell for sure where I'm at in this pregnancy. It's kind of exciting to already see the little baby in my stomach and I'm excited to see it again on Monday! More updates later!



No comments:
Post a Comment