Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 23, 2010

Just a quick thought

I have been really fascinated by my anatomy class. I have never really comprehended the complexity and absolute miracle our bodies really are. I've learned so many new things, and I am in complete awe that with the possibly millions of things that could potentially go wrong, most of us have a fully functioning body. My professor is one of the most amazing people I have met as a student, and her enthusiasm inspires me to learn all that I can and to really gain a spiritual experience from this class as well. She has shared many valuable quotes with us from various church leaders, but this has been one of my very favorites.

It's a quote from President Gordon B. Hinkley from the November 2006 New Era.

" I marvel at the miracle of the human mind and body. Have you ever contemplated the wonders of yourself, the eyes with which you see, the ears with which you hear, the voice with which you speak? No camera ever built can compare with the human eye. No method of communication ever devised can compare with the voice and the ear. No pump ever built will run as long or as efficiently as the human heart. No computer or other creation of science can equal the human brain. What a remarkable thing you are. You can think by day and dream by night. You can speak and hear and smell. Look at your finger. The most skillful attempt to reproduce it mechanically has resulted in only a crude approximation. The next time you use your finger, watch it, look at it, and sense the wonder of it.

You are a child of God, His crowning creation. After He had formed the earth, separated the darkness from the light, divided the waters, created the plant and animal kingdoms—after all this He created man and then woman."


I have to admit that I am not a fan of BYU, but taking this class there I believe has really enhanced my learning and having the spiritual aspect of anatomy added to the class has been an experience I'll never forget. Only a few more weeks of this class; I'm going to miss it.

1 comment:

Carolee said...

That's awesome to have that spiritual view added to a very scientific field. The body is amazing. Anyone who thinks that "evolved" must be missing a few screws.