Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 25, 2010

Bryson Update

For those of you following along with what's going on with Bryson... he had his surgery in May, and was still spitting up for weeks after, so at his post-surgery check up I asked the surgeon what she thought, and she diagnosed it as reflux. He's been on some acid reducing medication for a few weeks and it hasn't helped much and Bryson is still losing weight. He's down to about 15 pounds now and he's 11 months. Not good. I met with his pediatrician a couple days ago and since Bryson had lost a few ounces in just a week, he suggested more testing.

He told me the tests were to check for celiac disease and cystic fibrosis. After doing a little research I was really nervous to get the results back. I talked to the pediatrician this morning, and thankfully Bryson has neither of those diseases. He did, however, have some abnormal kidney tests, so we are scheduled to go in for an ultrasound on Monday to see what's going on.

Poor little guy has seen more of the doctors office and hospital than even I have. But he's pushing through it and is happy as ever. I wish there was more I could do to help him. Thank goodness for doctors that know what they're doing.

We'll keep you updated.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Candace, I'm so sad to hear that Bryson is still having problems. He is definitely in our thoughts and prayers! Thank you for keeping us updated and hopefully the doctors can figure out what is wrong and fix it once and for all. If we can do anything for you, let us know, we are here for you! We send you all our love!
~Paul and Steph

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andee said...

I hope everything goes well with all of his testing and that you will recieve some answers. I pray for his health.

Jennifer said...

Candace I'm so sorry to here about the setbacks with Bryson. What a little trooper he is. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for your family. We will be praying for him, and hopefully all will be well.

ThE McNEiLs said...

Oh Candace...I am so sorry. I can't imagine the stress that you must be feeling. He sounds like such a trooper. I hope you have answers soon and that you guys can get him better and get back to life. My thoughts and prayers are with you.