Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

November 4, 2009

First Hair cut!





I bought a brand new hair trimmer the other day. It's supposed to be for Christmas, but Ethan really needs a hair-cut, so I opened it early. :) Soon after opening it he told me that the comb attachments weren't long enough to cut the top of his hair. Of course. So I have to go buy some longer ones. I figured though, that since I had opened it I didn't want it to go to waste, so I'd cut Bryson's hair. The back was getting a little too long and starting to look like a mullet.
It was a crazy first experience, and I made a few mistakes so I ended up cutting it a lot shorter than I originally planned. Before looking at the next few pictures, remember that it was my FIRST time ever. Clearly I have some stuff to learn. But what better way to learn than to experiment, right? Hopefully I will not make the same mistakes with Ethan's hair, but at least he knows how to hold still... If I still mess up, we can always shave it. ;)

This is Bryson before his very first hair-cut...done by mommy. He looks so excited!
I was so nervous, and he kept squirming around, which was making it worse.
MISTAKE No. 1: I used a shorter comb attachment thinking I'd get a better cut around his ears. He moved his head right as I was about to start, and I cut a big section really short. So I had to cut the rest of it that short as well.
MISTAKE No. 2: I pulled off the comb attachment and started using a regular comb to get a little more precision...bad idea. It was not more precise and I ended up cutting this little section even shorter. I didn't want to cut the rest of it this short too, so he still has this little section that is too short. Oh well, live and learn. And besides, he doesn't know any different anyway. Thank goodness...
All that hair cutting sure took a lot out of him. He fell asleep, which made the rest of the cutting much easier.


Here's the finished product, and my cute little boy! Fresh new hair-cut, and a whole new look! He looks like a different baby now that he's almost completely bald. But he's still adorable as ever. :)
The mullet is finally gone! And, by the way, this was not my mistake, that's just his bald spot.

3 comments:

Carolee said...

that's why people go to beauty school...to LEARN how to cut hair. He did survive though and looks stinkin' cute:)

Stephanie said...

LOL! He's still totally adorable!!! :D

ThE McNEiLs said...

He is so stinking adorable. What is wrong with a mullet :)