So I am guessing I am about 6(ish) weeks along in my pregnancy, and things have been great so far! I've been hit with a few sessions of so called morning sickness...I like to call it night sickness because it comes around 10 or 11 at night And I've been chronically tired and completely absent minded (which is driving Ethan crazy! ;) but other than those few minor set backs things have been pretty good.
Brynlee still wont accept the fact that there will be a new baby coming to our home and taking up her space and attention, but I think as it gets closer and she gets a little older she'll get more excited...hopefully! She has a minor infatuation with small babies, but absolutely hates when I hold them, talk to them, or even look at them. Ha ha! I suppose that's something we need to work on. So we'll see how she handles a little baby brother or sister.
As for Ethan and I, we are super excited for this new adventure! Ethan is excited to be a dad again but is a little nervous and doesn't quite know what to expect by being there from the beggining. He joined the parenting crew when Brynlee was about 21 months. So it will be a learning experience! So I've heard, it's completely different with two...different...I don't know if that's good or bad. I guess we'll see.
So now that Brynlee is two, we have started potty training. We started a few months ago, but she's finally getting more interested in the potty so we've been trying harder at it. She likes to sit on the potty and giggle and look at me and tell me stories, but she wont actually go. And then she likes to take some toilet paper and show me what a big girl she is to wipe her bum by herself, and then she'll stand up and say, "All done!" She finally sat down long enough to actually "go" on the potty last Saturday and instantly burst into tears thinking she was doing something wrong. Unfortunately I was not there to witness this milestone, but Ethan was and he encouraged her to stay on the potty and tried to convince her that it was a good thing. She hasn't quite understood that concept because she keeps acting a little afraid of the potty now, but still likes to sit down and giggle about it. Ha ha! Silly girl. So we haven't mastered the potty training, but it's a work in progress.
The school semester is almost over, and Ethan and I could not be happier about that. Phew! Another semester under our belts. Ethan will have his associates in business after this semester and then it's on to the bachelors! Which will hopefully be done by next year, at least that's the plan. I on the other hand will only be one step closer to getting into the nursing program. But I've had a second wind and have motivation to keep going. A little break will be nice though. I am planning on going next semester and hopefully a block in the summer to get my anatomy out of the way, it's a killer, so the shorter amount of time I have to finish it the better.



2 comments:
Lots of new changes for you guys, but you will do great. I am way excited for you!!
Words of wisdom from mom...stay in school, keep up the good work, and keep trying and encouraging Brynlee with the potty training:)
Post a Comment